Saturday, May 2, 2015

Carter's Passing

Several years ago when we were teenagers, a friend and I discussed what would be the appropriate action if we found out we were expecting a child that would have something wrong... Or that we would end up losing... My friend said that no matter what she would have the child because it would be given for a reason... and I, at the time, was hesitant on that matter and said I would really have to think about it... 

I thought of this conversation recently because This dear friend just buried her 8 year old son on Friday because he developed cancer. I think back on that conversation and see that yes... No matter what.. He came to her because he had so much to give in a little while. His smile, courage and life  strengthened others... What a blessing he was to her. 

When I heard of his passing and thinking of his mother.. it took my mind to Hannah... She knew that though Samuel was her child.. He wasn't really hers... He belonged to God... And she understood that fully and willingly gave him... How amazing to have that strength and faith. 

May you hug your children tighter and love them with all you have... Time is brief, time is like the wind... It passes so quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment